18-01-08



January 8
Second Sunday Supper was joyous last night. Andrew seemed relaxed and started off sitting by Barry and talking about pickups and I heard him say, "I'm not sure I made the right decision," in son-asking-father tone. And then John came in and the three of them discussed the comparative pluses and minuses of various makes and models of pickups. 

Kim went straight to pet Mama Cat. 

When I said that Tori and Josh were still good friends, still good to each other, had just decided that they didn't have the kind of fire that takes you through all of life's troubles, I ended up looking at Kim, who was nodding as in how important that is, and I remember her saying about meeting John, "It isn't like I didn't know right when I met him that he was the one." Chris said, "I wish all of my relationships were that mature," and Andrew, in big brother love, "So do we." Chris said, loving back, "I know y'all do!" Just lots of sibling love. 

Brandon told us about duck hunting and wading out to get a duck and falling off into a hole and the icy water come inside his suit and that he was after the duck so he decided to keep going and just swam, and by the time he was back, the distance from the far end of the kitchen table to the kitchen wall, the cold had taken his breath away, and he could see how you could get into trouble. 

Barry seems happy this morning. Bo Toler wants to buy a truck and come back. 

Beverly and JA finished their trip to San Francisco. They have a nice little spot, privacy fence, garden area, parking for both vehicles, vegan restaurants, and one of the owners is from Mobile. 

Tyler seemed in a good mood this morning. Got himself up on time and was ready to go. It was pouring down rain and the poncho kept flying around in the wind, so I went out and stood with him with the umbrella, and we talked a little. 

Faith got here a little bit early, and so she made the brownies for us, and they turned out really good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18-04-02

18-03-27

16-03-19